Battle Stormers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Kitchen Showrooms Liverpool
My UU Team EmptySat May 16, 2015 6:16 pm by Anshav

» Cheap Kitchens Ely
My UU Team EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 5:14 pm by CheapEly28

» Kitchen Units For Sale
My UU Team EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 2:11 pm by ForSale595

» Cheap Kitchens in UK
My UU Team EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 3:24 pm by CheapUK28

» The name game
My UU Team EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:52 pm by Rocklugia

» trolling pokémons
My UU Team EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:21 am by Rocklugia

» Metronome tournament!
My UU Team EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:46 pm by Dueed

» Vote Here for the Next Tournament
My UU Team EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 5:46 am by Rocklugia

» Mew's Joke Thread
My UU Team EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:32 am by remytheneedle

Top posting users this month
No user

My UU Team

5 posters

Go down

My UU Team Empty My UU Team

Post by Dean Blaid Wed May 16, 2012 2:39 am

This is a UU team that I put together a couple days ago and it's pretty good in my opinion.

First off is a Crobat with the following statistics:
@ Black Sludge
Inner Focus
Impish: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Spe
OR Jolly: 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost/Toxic
- U-turn
This Crobat kind of takes a role of a scouter but is most effectively used as a pivot switch on walls or support sets. You can use Taunt on the first turn and then U-turn out to see what they do. If your opponent stays in you can go into the Registeel to set up Stealth Rocks, Hitmontop to spin them away, or Swampert to get up a free sub and do some damage from there. I run Brave Bird as a powerful STAB move. You can either run Toxic or Roost on this Crobat, but I prefer Roost because I don't have a Wish passer on this team and the recovery would be nice. Toxic would be useful if you don't have Toxic on Hitmontop.

Next is a Hitmontop:
@ Leftovers
Intimidate
Impish: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Spe
- Hi Jump Kick/Close Combat
- Sucker Punch/Stone Edge
- Toxic/Protect/Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
This is just a standard defensive Hitmontop with one little change. I run Hi Jump Kick over Close Combat because I don't like the defense drops and Hi Jump Kick has a higher base power anyway. Even if your opponent has Protect you can sort of predict when he/she is going to use it. Running Toxic or Protect depends on if you have Roost or Toxic on Crobat. Run Toxic if Crobat has Roost and run Protect if Crobat has Toxic. One counter to any defensive Hitmontop is a Chandelure, which is why I have Sucker Punch or Stone Edge. Sucker Punch is good for Choice Scarfed variants and Stone Edge is good for the more popular Substitute variant. You can nail it with a Stone Edge upon the switch in.

Third is a Mismagius:
@ Leftovers
Levitate
Timid: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- HP Fighting
- Substitute
- Calm Mind/Nasty Plot
All-around good poke to have on the team. It can be used as a Spin Blocker and be used to set up from there. I think Mismagius is a better Spin Blocker than Chandelure because of Levitate and having less weakness, thus making it less risky to switch in on pokes like Hitmontop and Blastoise. I like Calm Mind over Nasty Plot just for the fact that Mismagius's Special Defense isn't that bad. With the boosts that Nasty Plot doesn't give it can take special hits much easier. Also, with a Timid nature, Mismagius out-speeds a Timid Mew by 11 points(10 w/HP Fighting) and can hit it with a Shadow Ball. Shadow Ball and HP Fighting are there for good type coverage and Substitute to block statuses and to prevent being knocked-out by a Sucker Punch.

The fourth poke is Raikou:
@ Choice Scarf
Pressure
Modest: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere
- HP Ice (make sure to have 30 IV's in Atk and Def because Raikou needs the speed to out-speed a scarfed Flygon by 1)
- Volt Switch
Scarfed Raikou is underused(lol) and can catch your opponent off guard. With a Modest nature and a Choice Scarf, it out-speeds most of the UU Metagame and doesn't need to be Timid. It hits pretty hard for a Choice Scarfer and has good coverage. HP Ice can easily knock-out a Flygon and remove a big threat with ease. Note that when using Aura Sphere Raikou must be shiny in order to be legal.

Next is Registeel:
@ Leftovers
Clear Body
Careful: 252 Hp / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
Specially defensive Registeel can just be a challenge to remove for just about anybody. Stealth Rocks are there because they are amazing. I run Thunder Wave to cripple pokemon that can out-speed my checks to them and also for ParaFlinch shananigans with Iron Head. Seismic Toss will always do a decent amount of damage to anything that doesnt have a recovery move. Another thing this Registeel is good for is baiting choiced pokemon. All of its weakness are covered by Swampert and Mismagius allowing you to get a switch to them and then set up a Substitute. This Registeel works VERY well with this team.

Last but not least is Swampert:
@ Leftovers
Torrent
Adamant: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
This Swampert catches people by surprise BIG TIME. Usually, your opponents team will have nothing to really combat it if played right because a Swampert behind a Substitute is hard to get rid of. You can keep subbing up to get into Torrent range with Waterfall to do heavy damage. This thing can hit most things super-effectively with its good coverage. Focus Punch can make dealing with a Porygon2 or an Umbreon much easier. Also, with the 252 Speed EV's, this thing can actually out-speed a lot of threats to Swampert including a specially defensive Roserade and do 80% - 94% with a STAB Earthquake. Gligar will be easily two-shotted with a Torrent boosted Waterfall and a defensive Bronzong can't break a Substitute with one Earthquake. This Swampert wrecks house on a lot of teams because no one is prepared for it.

I hope you guys enjoy this team and if you have any questions be sure to ask me about them. Thanks!

Dean Blaid

Back to top Go down

My UU Team Empty Re: My UU Team

Post by Dueed Wed May 16, 2012 2:43 am

looks awesum all around but only the raters can say if there is any mistakes, it looks good in my perspective Smile

cheers dueed

Dueed
Admin

https://battlestormers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My UU Team Empty Team's looking good

Post by Hurricane Arcena Wed May 16, 2012 2:47 am

Hey bro! Nice team dude! and you're right! The Sub punch swampert will definitely catch 95% of the trainers off guard.. The remaining 5% will be from our Forum who have seen the set! Great team all around but i'm not one to say anything so wait for our more experienced raters to give some advice(if needed).

Hurricane Arcena
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocklugia Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:32 am

Quick thing I noticed for Raikou.
I'm pretty sure it has to have a rash nature because of it being event Raikou. Just a nitpick. Wink
Rocklugia
Rocklugia

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMew72 Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:41 am

Interesting team, with enough originality to outwit your opponent.
MrMew72
MrMew72

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down